Book Clubs Reading Guide
Spirit of the Law
- What is the significance of the book title?
- What do you think motivated Sy to risk his reputation and his future as a defense attorney?
- What do you think the relationship really was between Sammy and Alfie?
- What do you think the meaning of the red and white lies is?
- In what ways does deception in relationships change the dynamics of the relationship?
- Have you ever lost someone from sudden death that impacted you in ways you never imagined?
- How did your belief or disbelief in the afterlife affect your reading of the book?
- Have you had the experience or feeling of being contacted from the other side?
- What was it that made everyone who witnessed the medium channel Hope believe that her consciousness survived death?
These characters and the situations they find themselves in are so familiar, we respond to them as though they are family. Beautifully plotted, suspenseful and thought-provoking; It will have you questioning your own beliefs and the source they were founded upon. Georgia Zaslove has written a memorable and brilliant novel.
– Diane Levy
Spirit of the Law had my attention from the first page, the ebb and flow of emotions had me enjoying chapter after chapter until I cried at the end. I was mesmerized by the story. The best book I’ve read in years.
– Sara Clark